Interested in working with GIANTT data? An overview of procedures, forms and conditions can be found below.
Data request form
The Data Request Form can be found here. On the form, you will need to provide, title, aim(s), methods, funding source and timelines of the proposed research. The form can be submitted to GIANTT-steering committee member dr. Job FM van Boven (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Data recipient agreement for GIANTT data
Besides the Data Request Form, researchers that want to apply for a GIANTT data access will need to read and understand the data procedures and sign a Data Recipient Agreement. The procedure and agreement can be found here. Also this agreement can be submitted to GIANTT-steering committee member dr. Job FM van Boven (email: email@example.com).
An overview of available variables can be found here.
For questions about specific data availability, please contact us.
Conditions, regulations and procedures
Before data will be extracted, written approval needs to be acquired from the GIANTT Steering Committee. The Steering Committee consists of representatives of several parties involved in the GIANTT data collection (see people involved). Proposals are assessed on their relevance and fit within the objectives of GIANTT. In addition, the Steering Committee oversees the scientific interests of GIANTT. It is important that agreements with data providers are respected. Part of these agreements follow the regulations of the “College Bescherming Persoonsgegevens (CBP)”:
1. Data can only be used for the following purposes:
- Structural evaluation of delivered care to patients with diabetes and its consequences on morbidity and mortality.
- Improving the quality of care for patients with diabetes
- Support scientific research to fufill the objectives described above
2. Potential receivers of GIANTT data are:
- Members of the GIANTT-project supervised by the GIANTT Steering Committee are allowed to receive anomymized/coded data.
- Others: researchers in the diabetes field are allowed to received anomymized/coded data given that a) the study protocol is approved by the GIANTT Steering Committee, and b) an agreement for correct data use has been signed
Depending on the size of the requested dataset, study design and funding source, a personalized quote will be drafted.