Since 2005 multiple studies have been performed making use of the GIANTT data. Most of these studies focused on the quality of (pharmacological) treatment. Results have been presented at (inter) national conferences and published in scientific medical journals (see Publications).
Examples of research topics include:
- the quality of (pharmacological) treatment in relation to patient characteristics and outcomes
- identification of factors that determine the start or intensification of treatment
- insights and improvement of medication use of patients requiring multiple (preventive) medications
- use and applicability of risk management from the perspective of doctor and/or patient
- development of patient-oriented intervention strategies to improve (preventive) treatment
- development and evaluation of indicators to assess the quality of prescribing